Rust Armour is a high quality rust protective coating, that provides a rock-hard finish on all rusted metal. When applied over a rusted surface it penetrates and dehydrates the metal killing the rust. Once cured, it provides a scratch and chemical resistant coating with outstanding chip resistant properties. It is easy to apply by brush or by spraying with a conventional spray gun or airless spray equipment.
- Tough & durable coating
- Dehydrates metal killing rust
- Can be applied by brush or sprayed
- Chip resistant
- Seals out moisture
- Chemical resistant
- Can be painted over
- The surface must be clean dry and free of contaminants.
- If the rusted surface has paint over it, the paint needs to be removed using 50 to 80 grit sand paper.
- If the metal surface does not have paint on it, you can either remove the flaking rust or surface rust using sandpaper or a wire brush. Blow off.
- Clean the surface using Clean Prep or a good quality wax and grease remover. Wipe dry to remove any surface contaminates. Allow to dry thoroughly.
- If using a brush (2 coats recommended) – apply using easy even strokes up and down and in a side to side (cross hatch) motion. Allow the first coat to set for 2-4 hours before applying a second coat. The first coat should not be wet. The coating should be soft or tacky before applying the 2nd coat.
- If spraying (minimum 2-3 coats recommended) – using a 1.4 to 1.5 fluid nozzle and an HVLP spray gun (6-10 psi at the cap) apply the first coat to the surface and allow to set before applying a second coat. This can take approximately 2-3 hours. The first coat should not be wet. The coating should be soft or tacky before applying the 2nd coat.
If thinning is needed to spray Rust Armour use only a name brand high quality fast urethane reducer. This should be a clear coat type reducer only. You can add 10-15% if needed.
- CAUTION – do not allow the first coat to dry and get hard prior to applying a second coat. The solvents from your first coat must flash and the coating should be soft or still tacky prior to applying a second coat. It the coating drys before you apply a second coat, please sand the surface to degloss the surface using 320 grit sand paper prior to applying the second coat.
- ***NOTE*** If spraying make sure to clean your equipment thoroughly within 15 mins from completing your application. Do NOT let Rust Armour sit in your paint gun for longer than 15 minutes without cleaning.Any overspray must be removed after 20 minutes to avoid having to sand or sand blast the surface to remove the overspray.
Please wear gloves. Rust Armour can take 4-5 days of scrubbing to remove from your skin.
Do not use any spray equipment that has been used to apply a waterbased or latex based coating.
No posts found